Make time to listen and learn (even when things are super busy)... and I'm not afraid to get my feet wet and try new things (when I started working on the AIDS.gov project over 4.5 years ago I hadn't ever listened to a podcast...didn't have a facebook page... and now I'm giving training on these tools!).... ...I try to follow Beth Kanter (a social media guru) philosophy "listen, learn, adapt"
A person that has inspired me:
Seeing people talk about HIV on social network spaces and sharing this information with their friends...for example last year for World AIDS Day (Dec 1) nearly 1, 600 people joined AIDS.gov is sharing personal messages and photos about why they were helping to face AIDS. In addition, a few people shared information on Facebook and Twitter about taking an HIV test. Sometimes it's challenging to know how and if you're really reaching people using social media and when I see personal messages like these, I know we're helping to spark a conversation, address stigma around HIV, and make a difference in peoples' lives.

No comments:
Post a Comment